Friday, September 21, 2007

Commandment #1

1.) Thou shalt not eat a big meal (i.e. a dozen peel'n'eat shrimp w/ cocktail sauce) before you go for a run, even a short one.

But.... on the good side....

I made up the run that I promised that I would make up! Yay! I am back on schedule!

Tonight's run was only ok. I ran slowly, and I had to stop and walk for about 2 minutes right in the middle. I don't know what went wrong really, so I'm just going to blame this one on the "bad running day" goblins. Who knows, right? It seems like some days are great and others are not as great... with no correlation to anything I can figure out (with the exception of the aforementioned binge shrimp eating spell before I left the house).

Please notice, however, that it is only 8:11PM, and I have returned from my completed run... I am well on my way to going to bed at a reasonable hour in order to wake early and refreshed for my second long group run. That's progress.

In other good news, I got a few donations of items for our upcoming Halloween Costume Party fundraiser. It looks like I'll need to go back tomorrow and hit a few places again, but today was a decent start.

In still more good news, I got a hair color and cut done today, and I do love it! Whew. A trip to the salon causes me WAYYY more stress than it ought to.

Days like this only come along now and then, I guess, but they rarely get by me without being noticed. I am very glad that I'm one of those people who takes notice of how good things are when they're good. I have a great family and great friends. I am healthy and I have a job that pays well and gives me a chance to prove myself. I am strong enough to go out and run (almost) every day....I have so many reasons to be happy. I know, I know, I'm naive and overly optimistic and completely corny... and that's all fine with me.

Yay! What a good day. I'm going to have some watermelon and drink about 10 glasses of water, then I'm off to bed, folks. I'll write again tomorrow, with all the juicy details of the ease and grace with which I will have just run 5 miles. Yeahhhhh... Wish me luck! :)

No comments: