Thursday, September 20, 2007

I am in trouble now...

I hang my head in shame and defeat. I skipped my 30 minute run last night. Please, let the beatings begin. I deserve them.

I'll give you my explanation, however. It was a gorgeous day out, so it would have been a perfect opportunity for me to get my run in before the sun actually went down. Normally I wait until 7:00 or so to run, and lately, it's been starting to get dark at that point. But yesterday would have been a perfect opportunity to enjoy the sunshine and the nice fall air... instead, i was starving. I had had a small lunch, so by the time i got home (~6:15ish) i was really hungry. And as I leaned into the refrigerator to grab a string cheese stick, I noticed hamburger meat... and pasta sauce.... and the thought occurred to me: "mmmmm, spaghetti sure does sound tasty..."

So, instead of being responsible and having a small snack to get me over my hunger hump long enough to complete my run that was going to be glorious and fantastic, I stayed home and ate pasta.

Afterwards, here is my thought process: "hmm, that was yummy, I think I'll watch a little TV.... it is starting to get dark.... my stomach is all full of pasta.... it's really dark in the neighborhood where i typically do my 30 minute runs.... man, my stomach is sort of hurting, I didn't eat that much, did I?...."

And, just like that, I'd talked myself out of doing my run last night. I thought: "I'll just get up before work and do it... then I can carry on with my regularly scheduled run tomorrow night, and no one will ever know!".... But, as you could have guessed... I did not get up and run this morning before work... And so now I am officially behind on my schedule and I feel terrible. I am so disappointed with myself for not even making it 2 full weeks before falling off the schedule bandwagon. (I wonder if I could try to remember how terrible I feel now the next time that I want to sit on the sofa and watch TV?)

BUT---I promise that I will make it up. I won't be able to do it today, because I'm already scheduled to run 45 minutes this evening. But Friday night... me and the famed missed 30 minute run. I promise.

2 comments:

Lost4now said...

Sounds like you are doing a fine job of beating yourself up. Don't dwell on the negative, just get out there and do your best tonight!! I ran 2 miles at noon today and I was really tired, off tomorrow and Saturday is my long run with the group.

aerorunnergirl said...

You're right... If beating yourself up was an Olympic sport, I would be a Gold Medalist! Years and years of training...

Good luck with your group run! I hope it goes well!