Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Things I've been up to... besides running

Well, the stomach bug didn't allow me to go for last night's easy run. But I plan to take a run this afternoon (stomach bug be damned!).

So, because I don't have any running news to report, I'm going to talk about some other (unrelated) things.

Boxing:
SoxFan and I have taken up Boxing recently. And not just your ordinary old "cardio" boxing class. I mean for-real, honest to goodness boxing, where we punch each other in the face. It's great fun. It's a great workout, and it forces me to work muscles that I don't normally work, and it's spectacular for stress-relief. I haven't bled yet, but I've been beaten and bruised a time or two.

Hiking:
In the absence of running, I've been doing a fair amount of hiking. In fact, I will provide some pictures to prove it. Recently, we did an 8 mile hike west of Colorado Springs in beautiful Cheyenne Canyon. It was a fantastic day, and even Ini was worn out.

Weight Losing:
I've been pretty successful with this so far this year. I began a program with Weight Watchers on January 5, and so far, I've lost nearly 40lbs! I still have a way to go, but I can definitely tell a difference in how easy/difficult certain things (like hiking and running) are. More important than that, I can definitely tell a difference in my confidence and outlook, which has historically been a problem for me. I have definitely learned a lot about myself over the past year. But, that is a topic for another day.

Alright... That's all the rambling I can manage for now. I'll write again soon, about running next time.

No comments: