Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The world is my spin cycle...

OK.

I am officially an adult (and it's about time, too). Yesterday, I bought my very first ever washer and dryer. They are made by GE and they are white and they have lots of buttons and knobs and lights... they are also heavy. And now that SoxFan and I have wedged them into our laundry room, we've discovered that the washer is on the wrong side, so now they both have to come back out... Good times.

Either way, I'm excited to finally have a set of my very own. We found them on Craigslist for a mere $175. Where did I get things before Craigslist?

Anyway, as you can probably tell, I'm burning out at work (blame it on ridiculous meetings that are meant to last 20 minutes that actually last 2 hours and 20 minutes) and all I can concentrate on is the massive moving task that lies before me. A bit of good news is that I've already got my high-speed internet connection all set up at the new house, so there should be no disruption to my blogging and/or facebooking. (whew!)

In other good news, tonight I run. I'm going to shoot for 2.5 miles. I figure that's just slightly more than a 10% increase from last week, so it should be do-able. I am hoping that the run will help me clear my head, too, because lately I've been worrying a lot and only sleeping a little. In addition to the stressful things I've mentioned here, I've also had some happy things in my head lately. I am trying to get those things filtered into something coherent, because I really want to share happy thoughts here. Stay tuned...

No comments: