Friday, August 29, 2008

Brrr, that's Colorado fall on the way.

For the first time this season, on Thursday's run I wished I had my swift Under Armor long sleeve running shirt with thumb holes. And maybe even my running tights. It was for reals cold, y'all!

I hit the Silence of the Lambs trail again on Thursday evening, this time without Ini the dogbeast. Turns out I actually prefer that particular trail when he's with me. I only made through the woods part twice (once on the way out, once on the way back). After that, my fear was bigger than my desire to keep on running, even though I was putting together a pretty fabulous run. I ended up doing 3 miles, and my training schedule only called for 4, so I call it a success!

This run was also my second attempt with PodRunner, and I didn't have very much better luck this time around than I did last Sunday. It seems that I underestimate my cadence. I've downloaded two new episodes for Sunday's 6 miler, one at 144BPM and one at 150BPM. I am determined to run to house music. Oh yes. I will do it. I don't even like house music, but if it's the thing that allows me to turn off that one song... I will embrace the techno. I may even run with glow sticks.

In other news, I am very very excited because NewMama and her hubby, DigitalBoy, are coming to visit me in Colorado! I love it when people come to visit. I've got some fun things planned for us, but mostly it'll just be fun to just laze around and laugh. That's what we do best when we get together. We laugh 'til we pee.

And, in some sort of random (and WAYYYY late) news, I read an article on RunnersWorld.com a few days ago that discussed the men's Olympic Marathon. Now, I watched the women's marathon. Nearly the entire thing, in fact. I believe I picked it up around mile 3, shortly after Deena Kastor dropped out, I understand. And while it was amazing to watch these women--they are strong like Hercules-- it got a little tedious near the end when the lead woman sort of broke away. It sounds like the men's marathon was infinitely more exciting, and the winner (a Kenyan) ran it in 2:06. That's less than 5 minutes per mile for 26.2 miles, folks. Clearly he isn't human. It's just not possible.

No comments: