Saturday, August 2, 2008

Yawn. I live a boring life.

Where the heck have I been? Normally when I avoid posting, it's because I've been avoiding running. But that isn't the case this time. I've been running. In fact, I ran HILLS one day (way up here at 8000ft)... maybe that was it? I was demoralized from running hills and couldn't bear to try to talk about it?

Whatever the case, I've been running on the dreadmill after work pretty regularly, but I still haven't found a good place to get long runs in here in Conifer. Unless I want to run the hill route again. And can I just say---yikes. My dreadmill runs are averaging 3 miles, I suppose, but I've been trying to run a little faster, too. All in all, I guess it isn't so bad. Unfortunately, my inability to find a consistent place to run in Conifer is making me doubt that I'll be able to run the half marathon in Denver in October. There's just no way that I can train for the HM entirely on a dreadmill and actually be successful. I don't think, anyway... Maybe this is possible but I certainly don't want to do it. I desperately need to find a place to run up here.

This week SoxFan was out of town for work, so I was left to our house in the mountains all by myself. I managed to avoid being eaten by bears or mountain lions or boogeymen, so I guess I did all right. It's been a really taxing couple of weeks, though, with my mom having surgery and sick pets and runaway dogs and lots and lots of driving. I'm glad to say it's behind me.

No comments: