Monday, September 22, 2008

Updates scramble

Holy-lot-of-updates-to-mention, Batman!

This is going to be quick and dirty, but it's got to be done because it's long overdue.

  1. The 7-miler last weekend was great! It rained Sunday morning, so we had to put the run off until Sunday evening, but it was great. I had to take a few "stop and catch my breath" breaks, but I managed to run the entire thing. I was pleased with that.
  2. I skipped a couple of the weeknight runs last week. I wasn't pleased with that.
  3. I kicked huge butt on this weekend's 8-miler (in Moab, UT, no less!). We went out to Moab to support our good friends in a cycle century ride (called the Big Nasty due to all the crazy climbing they had to do). I ran out of water near the end (more than 7 miles in), but it was the desert, after all. I was pleased with how it turned out. This was the first long run I've done where SoxFan didn't accompany me.
That sort of sums up the running I've been doing. I'm in California this week for training for my j-o-b (that's another story for another time), so I'm going to be doing my running this week. This weekend I have a 10K scheduled back in Denver, and I am looking for a good finish.

Quite honestly, I am getting a little nervous about the half-marathon. Every weekend, I think "oh dear, it's XXX miles this weekend, I don't know if I can do this." But I always do finish. 13 miles just seems like SUCH a long way. And I've told lots of my friends about this race, so I know I'll have loads of support along the way, but that makes my fear of failing all that much bigger! I guess the only thing to do is keep training. Preparation is the only thing that is going to make me feel confident on race day.

In other news, SoxFan and I have picked a date (6/6/2009) and a location! We've mailed in our non-refundable deposit, too, so now we're getting married for sure!

No comments: