Thursday, September 10, 2009

I am so back...

Injury update: I had the bone scan done today, but I've had ZERO pain for two days in a row now, which means I'm going to be running again. I'm going to do a few miles tomorrow, then I'm on the schedule for 7miles on Saturday. I may not have the results of the bone scan until early next week, but I feel confident that everything is fine now. I haven't run since Saturday, so I guess the rest (combined with the ibuprofen I've been taking in ludicrous amounts) was enough to get me better.

It's funny, but taking just a few days off running has made me realize how important running is to me. Sure, I complain about it every now and then (or every day), and sometimes it does genuinely suck... but, the thought of not being able to do it... well, it sort of makes all the other parts of my life fall apart, too.

I'll post a summary of tomorrow's run to let you know how the gimpy foot holds up.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Yay! I'm so happy that you will be able to run! I still take precaution and ice my foot down after every run. Maybe that would help you too?

aerorunnergirl said...

That's probably a really good idea. As much as I hate icing it, I hate not running at all even more. Hope your injury continues to hold up well, too!