Sunday, September 2, 2007

Vacationing

Because I'm not one to tiptoe around the truth, I will go ahead and admit freely that I have not run, so that's my reason for not posting. I've been entertaining my parents for a few days while they're visiting, and that hasn't left a lot of time (or energy) for any kind of running, slow or otherwise. In addition to this, I have been eating junk food like nobody's business, and I'm feeling incredibly guilty for my leave of absence from healthiness. In addition to this, I have been dealing with a couple of personal issues that leave me dabbling in self-sabotage lately. I hope to figure these things out without turning to "oh yeah? You want to do XYZ? Well, watch this... I will be completely unhealthy just to spite you!" (which is widely documented as the worst and most irresponsible and most immature reaction to any situation under the sun).

The good news is that the Team in Training kickoff meeting is coming up on Saturday. I may be putting too many eggs in the "KICKOFF MEETING" basket, but I'm really hoping that getting together in a big room with lots of other hopeful marathoners/half-marathoners will get me excited about running again. With any luck, I will leave the meeting feeling 20lbs lighter and 5 years younger (with lightness and youth come hope, nay?). I will shun my automobile in favor of running home, which I will do with minimal effort and the graceful speed of a gazelle. OK. That's probably a bit of a stretch. I will just hope to leave with a little jolt of hope that comes from seeing other folks who are like me, who are just as scared and nervous, but who are excited to get started and give it a good effort.

No comments: