Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Bad funk, anyone?

What is it about exercising that seems to keep your whole world running smoothly? Lately, I have admitted to slacking off a bit in the exercise/health part of my life. And, no small coincidence, the rest of my life seems to be falling perfectly to pieces as well. My confidence and energy are plummeting, I'm having trouble waking up in the mornings, I eat crappy food which makes me feel even crappier an hour or so later. AND, to top it all off, I know that getting back on my regular exercise schedule would solve all my problems and make me feel tons better.

That seems to be the tricky part, though. If I KNOW exactly how to solve all my little dramas, then why don't I just do it?

I know I can't be the only one with this problem. I've heard other people talk about how it's "so hard to get going, but once I'm out there.... it's a breeze." Perhaps for me it's never actually a "breeze," but it seems like a similar concept in theory, no?

Other than this, I've got nothing. My general funk is slowly, gradually taking over all aspects of my life.

2 comments:

Tom@RunnersLounge said...

Bad Funk, Anyone? Are you kidding? The whole bad funk family moves into my world regularly.

The poor exercise, eating, and other undesirables come in cycles. I've posted about this numerous times. And then there are the stretches when I'm like steel with the routine, the discipline, and the clarity of focus I'm pursuing.

I'd guess if you're this accutely aware of your funk, then you're ready to bust out of it.

I wish you the best.

Tom

aerorunnergirl said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Tom. It really helps to know that lots of people go through the same struggles that I do with training.

But you're right... I'm on the verge of making a HUGE comeback! Stay tuned...