Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Click-step-click-step

I realize that running isn't everyone's idea of a great time, but I had no idea that SoxFan would stoop to physically injuring himself to get out of our nightly runs! The poor guy has gone and "sprained an ankle" while playing ultimate frisbee, so now he's on crutches.

That's his story anyway... Of course, knowing him like I do, I'm able to see through his deception to the real truth that he is simply intimidated by my running prowess and is embarrassed to be schooled by me anymore. Either way, he's back in a week or so, if he doesn't manage to break his neck trying to get around on those crutches. Here's the scenario at work today:

SoxFan: "click..... step.... click..... step...click...step..click.step.clickstepclickstep....."
Me: "It isn't a race, for the love of pete, slow down!"

Jeesh! In all my life I've never seen a person try to run on crutches.

It is getting COLD in Denver. Therefore I have purchased yet another piece of technical running gear...the Under Armor shirt. Spectators, consider yourselves warned. Hey, at least I'll be warm, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If he will be possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Pokey said...

I'm sure you are FAB in your new shirt!!

It's funny to me how everyone in colder climates is starting to hunker down a bit for the winter. Here, our good running season is just getting started! :)