Monday, November 5, 2007

That'll be $6 + the remaining part of your joy, please.

First, I have to apologize to SoxFan. The poor guy is still crutching around, and his ankle/foot now looks like someone made a balloon out of a latex glove. Except it's purple. And yellow. And a bit green. And he just sort of limps around on it in this terribly pathetic way (which may or may not be a ploy to make me feel guilty for poking fun at him last week), so I'm feeling guilty for poking fun at him last week. It definitely is not broken. After I wheeled him into several walls at the doctor's office, he finally had an x-ray to verify that.

So, due to my recent divorce from the TNT team, and since my nightly running partner is on the DL, my nightly runs have been dwindling. I am leaning toward shifting my focus from Phoenix to Nashville (maybe 13.1 m in Phoenix and 26.2 m in Nashville?) This inserts an extra 3 months into my training time, so I am also in need of a new training plan.

For the time being, I'm planning to stick to my TNT training schedule as best as I can, though I don't want to overdo it if I'm currently training for the HM in Phoenix. But, if my ultimate goal is the FM in Nashville, should I train for that and treat the HM in Phoenix as a training run? Who has the answers to these questions?

Even though my running life is in complete disarray and the disorganization of it all is about to KILL me... I did manage to go for a run yesterday. I did 4 miles in just over an hour at Chatfield State Park. Note to self: Do not pay the $6 to get into Chatfield State Park so that you can run on their concrete trails-o-torture using their useless-drawn-by-a-5-year-old map (unless of course you enjoy being lost). The idea was to do 2 hours and 8 miles... Obviously this attempt was a massive failure. Oh well... a poopy 4 mile run is better than no run at all, right?

Making the run slightly more enjoyable was the addition of my fancypants new running fuel belt. It's the greatest. It goes like this:

***You're running... you're running... you're... THIRSTY... no sweat, you have water and your favorite gatorade flavor right here on your hip! ***

No more running "just another 2 miles" to water. It's RIGHT THERE WITH YOU! No more carrying sharp little pointy packages of GU in your sports bra. That's what this HANDY DANDY LITTLE POCKET is for. Ah, the joys of new running gear. Coming soon: NEW SHOES!

2 comments:

Pokey said...

COOL! What fuel belt did you get? I just got my Amphipod in the mail, but havent used it yet. I am thinking I will only use a handheld for the HM, so it will have to wait until I get back!

And yes, a poopy 4 miler is better than no run at all. Take it from someone who has had more poopy short runs than I can count! :P

Pokey said...

Oh yeah...and for the record, I am ADAMANTLY OPPOSED to you bagging the AZ RNR race for Nashville! :P