Tuesday, November 6, 2007

And on the 1st day, she ran on water.

Woohoo! And I'm back on the running train (after a quick week off to mourn my divorce from TNT, sadface).

Despite the frigid (ok, that's a bit of a stretch) temperatures in Denver, I ran home from work today. I'm not sure it was worth the trouble, as I ended up running in the dark on a road with many potholes and no shoulder into oncoming traffic uphill both ways in 6 feet of snow.... nevermind the fact that I had to catch a ride into work today with ol' Brokelegs McSoxFan and now I have to drive to his house to pick up my work clothes and such.

The run wasn't terrible, though, once I got started. It was only about 3 miles, but weeknights are for short runs, right? I am happy with my nifty new UnderArmor shirt (with super awesome thumb holes so my sleeves stay in my gloves). I had a nice pace the entire time, though I forgot to hit the lap button after my initial "walk for 7 minutes" routine (argh). I swear, I could qualify to play MLB based on my capacity to adhere to superstitious rituals alone!

When I got home, I finally remembered to upload my Garmin.

I can say with all honesty: despite appearances, I did not do my 4 mile run on Sunday in Chatfield Reservoir, as shown. I think I heard a story once about someone walking on water, but I promise, it wasn't me.

And, last but not least, I have discovered yet another hilarious blog for you all to enjoy. It is not running/sports related, it is simply hilarious and great for making you snort at work. And it appears to have a HUGE number of readers, so if I'm just now stumbling across something that everyone else heard about last year, please forgive my ignorance and let the finger-pointing and laughter commence.

4 comments:

Ian said...

Thanks for the tip on The Sneeze. There's some hilarious stuff on there.

kristi_b said...

I LOVE shirts with thumbholes! I have a fleece-like one for hiking (or, just for fun).

Thanks for the blog link!

Wes said...

If you want an application that has really cool maps for the Garmin, look no further than SportTrack. Even better, its free! I upload my data into both Training Center and SportTrack.

Works for me! :-)

Mary Gee said...

Hi! I saw a comment of yours on another blog...
I am another (incredibly) slow runner in the Denver area.
I am planning on racing at Chatfield on December 15 - are you by any chance?