Friday, October 12, 2007

General flighty non-sense...

Hurrah, Rockies! And Hurrah Larry Vanover for making the right (if un-popular in the home field) call. I tell you what: just like most of the country, I am being swept off my feet by these Rockies lately. Baseball, I find, is similar to basketball in that it’s many many moments (months, minutes, whatever) of slow, tedious play, followed by a few moments of total excitement. Hurrah for Rocktober.

In other news, I have come up with the cutest halloween costume for our TNT fundraiser (of course you're all invited!). I don't want to give away the suprise just yet, but I can tell you that it's adorable and delicious and quite poignant. In my quest to come up with the perfect costume, I hastily passed over the more obvious choices (the ghost, the hobo, the kitty-cat, the cowgirl...). No, I prefer to dress up as in-animate objects, so my considerations were more focused around being an iPod Shuffle, spaghetti and meatballs, or a giant shoe. Hilarious pictures will certainly be taken and posted for your viewing pleasure.

Tomorrow’s long run is 2:20! Yikes! Figuring that I made it 7 miles last weekend in 1:52, I think that I should be able to safely make it 8.25 miles tomorrow. Aside from the fact that it’s completely insane that these are the types of distances that I run now… (anyone with me here?)...Also tomorrow I must do all of the following things:

  1. I must try to be clever and come up with something funny/witty/purple/green to wear to the Denver Marathon on Sunday.
  2. I must figure out the situation with my season ski pass and buy something…(Do I branch out and buy the Colorado Pass or do I go with my old standby, the Rocky Mountain Super Pass? Will Copper feel betrayed if I slide down other hills this season? Will I feel like a traitor? I am not kidding, this is how my mind works.)
  3. Tomorrow night is Kev-bones big concert with the Boulder Philharmonic (they’re excellent!), so I’ll be going to that...

Ahhhh! These are the types of days when I feel like my head might actually explode. But it will definitely be good to spend some time with friends and it’ll be nice to take care of these things because it’ll make me feel productive (which I could really use after the way this week has gone).

Next weekend is NashVegas! And NewMama has promised to take some running-related photos that I can share! She's quite the photographer, NewMama. Hurrah, NewMama!



4 comments:

Lost4now said...

Yep, the new miles are insane...I think you should get extra credit just for running in Denver. I had someone ask me this week "how far do you run? 2 miles?" I reply "ummm I ran 8 on Saturday.." LOL, who would have ever thunk it?

Before I'm 35 said...

Good luck on the long run, and I am quite jealous of you and your "real" ski resorts. I'll just have to go check out the mountain at Ober Gatlinburg...

Ok, I kid, I kid. I would never go to Ober Gatlinburg.

Kevin said...

You should get the Copper/Winter Park pass because that's what I'm getting!! Jeff and I are getting it - I already opened up my Wells Fargo account and everything! See you tonight!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.