Monday, July 14, 2008

Back in the land of the living... and running...

Turns out running in Montana = not so easy. Or maybe it's just running at 8AM. Or maybe it's just running on gravel? Or maybe running while your back is hurting? Heck. Maybe it's just running at all! For me, certainly, my one (and only) attempt at running while in Montana ended in a twisted, mangled, crashing ball of flames. I packed it in after a mere 1/2 mile. It was hot. My back was hurting. It was all downhill from there, really. I did get one short hike in, as well, but honestly... does that really even count? I think not. Boooo me. I slacked off a bit.

I had a great time in Montana, though. I did lots of fishing and relaxing and chitty-chatting with SoxFan and his dad. I spent lots of time throwing the ball for Ini and Misha, the dogbeasts. One night we went on a really awesome sunset sailboat cruise on Flathead Lake, and I even managed to avoid puking! I was so very proud. The whole week was relaxing and quiet and exactly what I was looking for. I got plenty of sleep and had lots of good food (including a cookie or two and some home-made ice-cream...yum).

Now, I'm back in the land of the working world, and I actually have to get up at a responsible hour again. It's really a bummer. But Tux, my cat, sure is glad I'm finally home. She spent far too many days alone in the house (many thanks to LaCrosse Man for coming by to check on her and make sure she didn't starve), so now she's me-ow-ing non-stop!

What is not a bummer, however, is that NewMama's baby is now walking! It's the cutest thing I've ever seen. If you get a chance, go visit DigitalBoy's blog and watch the video. She's just the most adorable thing you've ever seen.

This weekend, I'm planning on a 4 mile run on Saturday somewhere down in Denver. There are no races available in the Denver area this weekend, but I'm planning on running a 10K soon, so I need to get back out there. I hope you've all had more successful running weeks than I have.

2 comments:

Pokey said...

Tee hee...running for me is NEVER easy....doesnt matter the day, time, distance!!! LOL! :) At least I have come to terms with that fact, and trudge on anyway ;)

It is soooo good to see you back and blogging (and running) again!!! :)

kristi_b said...

I vote that hiking counts, especially if you're on a nice, relaxing vacation to begin with.
...but then, I've discovered that I prefer hiking to running most any time. :)

Glad you had a good time!