Monday, July 7, 2008

Does a bear run in the woods?

Well, it's Day 3 in Montana, and still no running to report. I had planned to get a run in this morning, but after staying up toooo late with SoxFan and his dad last night, I overslept. I hope to rise early enough in the morning to do a quick 3 miles, however. I've scoped out a route from SoxFan's parents' house, and it's effectively a trail run. Except that it's on a road. So the only "trail" part of it is that it's not paved. And it's through the woods. We'll see how it goes.

Unfortunately, I don't have pictures yet to share, but I can tell you that yesterday we all spent the day at Glacier National Park, which was tons of fun. I took loads of digital pictures and I even spent some time with the ol' 35mm as well (these will obviously be screened by NewMama before they're posted here). It was a very long day, but it was a lot of fun.

Today we went fly fishing at Martin Lake. SoxFan's dad caught one Cutthroat Trout, but SoxFan and I got skunked. It was a really fun day, though, because I got to float in the pontoon boat while the others were in their float-tubes. At first I was terrified, then I sort of got the hang of the whole paddling aspect and it was great fun. Still, it would have been nice to catch one fish.... ah well... maybe tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a pleasant holiday weekend! I'll report back soon with pictures and running splits.

No comments: