Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Give Thanks.

I know I haven't been around much lately. I should have written about Saturday's fantastic 4 miler! But, with the holidays and work and... you understand... Anyway, the slow running show is going on the road again. Back to Tennessee, friends, to visit family this time around. I do intend on getting some more running done while I'm there (I have to take advantage of their thick air while I can!)...

I intend to visit with family and friends, and perhaps slip into a food coma at some point. I'll get to visit my very own nephew, who I haven't seen in nearly a year (I am so ashamed) and my brother and sister-in-law. I'll get to spend time with my parents and their pets, in the house where I used to live. I'll get to visit with grandparents and aunts and uncles and the weather will be mild and splendid. It'll be like a trip back to September, for running purposes at least. And, at the end of it all, I have to turn 29. 29 on a Sunday.

29.

Jeesh. I'll have to re-visit this topic later, I can already tell...

So, believe me, I know how easy it is to be cynical at this time of year. It's really easy to complain about how radio stations play Christmas music non-stop and about how your neighbor has had their lights up for 2 months already... It's easy to get angry at how commercial things are... It's easy to be angry about traffic and shopping and anxiety over not knowing what to buy...

But, because I have enough anxiety (did I mention, 29?) already, and because this is actually my very favorite time of year, I am going to try to focus on what I have, rather than what I lack. On who I am, rather than who I want to be.

I wish you all a very pleasant holiday.

1 comment:

kristi_b said...

You're right, we will be crossing mid-air! I will actually be changing planes at the Denver airport around 8:30-9:30 tomorrow morning. I hope you have a fantastic holiday with the family (tell them all I said hello), and I especially hope that you have a GREAT birthday! 29 is not bad. It's the last one you have to admit to, as far as I'm concerned. :)